Irish Bentley – RTO Law Specialists
Registered Training Organisations (“RTO”) are currently a ‘hot topic’ and have received significant media attention following recent government decisions to suspend, cancel or reject RTO licenses.
The introduction of new industry standards and the reforms to the VET FEE-HELP scheme creates and even stricter regulatory regime. As the government has made clear, it is vitally important that any person or entity engaged in or connected with RTO activities is fully aware of the legal and regulatory framework that governs the operation of RTOs.
Irish Bentley Lawyers recognises the difficulties facing the industry and is able to assist with reviewing government and regulatory decisions impacting the operation of RTOs. Irish Bentley Lawyers are also able to assist RTOs in meeting all new requirements and obligations in this area and ensuring ongoing compliance. We have a team of lawyers who are experienced in RTO matters and the VET scheme, and are prepared to assist with any legal, registration or compliance issues you may have regarding RTO law.
- Representing RTOs subject to license suspension, cancellation and rejection and seeking the reinstatement or issuance of a RTO license.
- Challenging RTO license cancellation and suspension decisions before the Courts.
- Advising on contesting ASQA decisions.
- Assisting with corporate structuring and implementing strategic growth.
- Providing advice at all stages of registration including applying for initial registration, meeting the requirements of ongoing registration, making changes to a registration and renewing or withdrawing registration.
- Assisting with full compliance with Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 and VET Quality Framework.
- Assisting with preparation for audit by ASQA.
- Advising on compliance with Competition and Consumer law.
- Advising on intellectual property within RTO course material, online portals and print media.
- Advising on appropriate sub-contracting and training delivery.
- Assisting on improving transparency and accountability.
For further information and a comprehensive summary of the various areas of Registered Training Organisation law, please feel free to browse our Blog.