Admitted in 1996, Zeke Bentley started his legal career with a top tier Firm in Singapore, spent 3 years with an Australian national Firm, before deciding to take over as Principal of this Firm in 2000.
He holds qualifications in law, taxation, financial and managerial accounting, insolvency, and migration (Australia and NZ). He holds specialised qualifications from the IPA (Insolvency Practitioner’s Association now known as ARITA) and takes pride in being involved in all matters at a strategic level.
He is a published author in international commercial law, chairs CPD seminars on start up law for the legal profession, has acted in many high profile multimillion dollar tax litigation matters, defended major prosecutions brought by the ACCC, the CDPP, ASFA, ASIC and the ATO, and has spearheaded constitutional challenges to State legislation before the Full Bench of the High Court. He is frequently interviewed by a range of media outlets (TV and radio) such as SBS, Sky News, ABC news, Channel nine news, Channel 7 news, channel ten news, A Current Affair, Ross Kemp’s Extreme World, Austereo (4MMM and B105), 4BC, and the 730 Report.
Commercially focused, his clients include accounting Firms, car manufacturing businesses, property developers, telcos, mining and construction companies, VISPs, B2B companies, international organisations, liquidators, start-up businesses, tech companies, and other lawyers.
Zeke Bentley has embraced business opportunities in a range of industries including:
- Industrial pipeline coating using cutting edge coating technologies (where the only other permitted user was the US military) and boasting clients like BP, Origin, TYCO, Liberty, Shell and Power and Water.
- Setting up the TOMCAR car manufacturing business in Melbourne which is positioned to be the largest Australian car manufacturer after 2016, and a market leader in supplying cars to the agricultural and mining industries.
- The floating of an on-line accommodation booking business.
- Property development employing in-house town planners, project managers and marketing personnel.
- A number of on-line driven businesses focused on tax and debt industries such as Tax Monster and Debt Monster.
- A migration Firm with offices throughout South East Asia.
- A comedy club which went from being the only competition to a monopoly in Qld, to the club that boasts the most number of attendees of all venues in Queensland.
- A venture capital business designed to help start-up business get the capital that they need to forge ahead.