Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Irish Bentley Lawyers have taken this opportunity to remind parents of the following:
- The Family and Federal Circuit Courts of Australia remain open and are accessible (often via electronic means).
- Special provisions have been made for the electronic signing of court documents (affidavits, financial statements and consent orders) and we are able to conduct your matter entirely by electronic means.
- If there are urgent matters in connection with COVID-19, Irish Bentley Lawyers are able to urgently commence proceedings on your behalf and will likely obtain an urgent court hearing within 24 hours from lodgement.
- The Court expects parents to cooperate during these exceptional times and to ensure the children’s best interests are prompted through compliance with the existing parenting orders.
- If parenting arrangements need to be revised due to COVID-19, parents are encouraged to act reasonably and sensibly. The revision should be evidenced in writing, and reflect the spirit of the parenting orders.
- If parents have a parenting dispute that is not related to COVID-19, the Court’s remain accessible; however, the usual requirements for Family Dispute Resolution and waiting times will apply.
- Many Family Dispute Resolution service providers are now offering electronic mediation services. This expediates the process whilst ensuring the safety of all involved.
If you are experiencing difficulty with your parenting arrangements, whether entering into new parenting arrangements or seeking to enforce existing arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact Irish Bentley Lawyers on (07) 3229 4060 email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
COVID-19 restrictions do not mean your access should be unreasonably restricted.
Disclaimer: The above does not constitute legal advice and Irish Bentley Lawyers make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy of any of the information contained herein. If you have a taxation issue, please do not hesitate to contact the team at Irish Bentley Lawyers.