Brisbane Construction Lawyers
Our Firm has extensive experience in building and construction litigation and our team of highly skilled Brisbane construction lawyers understand how property developments work and how to resolve disputes that arise during the construction process. It is this experience that has aided in our Firm being awarded the 2016 Property and Construction Law Firm of the Year.
We have handled countless adjudications, and appreciate the impact that a dispute can have on cash flow and the profitability of projects. We are one of the only Brisbane law firms to be at the forefront of building and construction litigation, having been involved in some of the original disputes to incorporate the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act, better known as BCIPA.
We also have experience in Planning and Environment Law, the Subcontractors Charges Act and a range of other legal areas relevant to construction and commercial litigation. Our Principal has helped setup and project manage three (3) residential developments and five (5) commercial developments.
Our Firm shared resources and office space with an experienced town planning Firm to gain insight into every aspect of the development process.
Our Brisbane construction lawyers focus on providing commercial outcomes by considering all of your rights and options so that the correct strategy can be adopted. We appreciate that a dispute is an opportunity to explore better options in the future, such as protecting your interests, assets and hard work from events of insolvency.
As one of only 14 accredited firms with the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA), Irish Bentley Lawyers are more than equipped to handle all aspects of insolvency and structuring necessary to protect you and your family. We recognise that the building and construction industry also requires an in-depth knowledge of taxation and the applicable legislative frameworks, which is why we were awarded the 2015 Tax Awards law firm of the year.
As a statistic, the development and construction industry is one of the major areas exposed to events of insolvency and litigation. Too often do hard working developers and construction pioneers take the leap for success, without first ensuring their families and assets are protected. High-leveraged debts and overheads (during the initial and construction stages) can cause severe financial hardship; our insolvency and property law team can assist in all aspects of protection and liability to maximise your family’s security.
Irish Bentley Lawyers has the experience, the reputation and the ability to secure the best possible result at a cost effective price.
We are proactive and look not only at how to fix a problem, but also how to protect your interest in the future.
- Representation in all State and Federal Courts and tribunals up to the Full Bench of the High Court.
- BCIPA action and litigation.
- Developers disputes with project managers, builders and suppliers.
- Building and maintenance disputes.
- Subcontractor and tradesman works and obligations.
- Professional negligence actions against insurers for the works of their insured.
- Compliance disputes with applicable legislation and government regulations.
- Planning and environment considerations and legislative regimes.
- Enforcement of crown acquisition of land.
- Government licencing and permits for development and construction.
- Providing legal representation to the developer of an industrial subdivision in Central Queensland in a $15,000,000.00 professional negligence action against the client’s former project manager, involving a number of insured defendants and complex property issues.
- Enforcing a sub contractor’s cyclist under a multi-million dollar vegetation management tender against the head contractor and securing Orders for indemnity costs.
- Applying to the Planning & Environment Court for adequate consideration for crown acquisition of land in excess of $6,000,000.00 after the owner was offered approximately $500,000.00 originally.
- Defending claims by government entities against construction and supply firms for allegedly not complying with required specifications and durability inclusive of a side action for negligence.
- Providing asset and other protections for directors of development companies placed into liquidation to secure family homes and other important assets.
- Negotiating and defending against claims brought by liquidators and administrators against former directors of construction companies for liabilities in excess of $8,000,000.00.
For all matters concerning building and construction litigation, speak to our Brisbane construction lawyers at Irish Bentley Lawyers today.