Brisbane Bankruptcy Lawyers
We understand that many individuals fall on hard times – either due to a failing business or thanks to an economic downturn. Our Brisbane bankruptcy lawyers pride themselves on their ability to identify the best solution for each individual client.
“Bankruptcy” is a term that is used loosely. Many people do not fully understand the process and are unaware of the alternative options. We have seen too many clients come to us during the term of their bankruptcy ,only to learn that we could have protected them by implementing strategies unique to the Irish Bentley brand.
For example, did you know that if you are a beneficiary under someone’s Will, and you are an undischarged bankrupt at the time that the person passes away, then your bequest goes to the bankrupt estate (not to you)?
We know how to protect your bequest in this scenario.
- Advice surrounding whether Bankruptcy suits your individual circumstances.
- Using Part IX and Part X Agreements, and informal arrangements to avoid the need for bankruptcy.
- Arranging early disclosure from bankruptcy.
- Applying for the income threshold to be raised.
- Acting for Creditors to bankrupt Debtors.
- Acting for Creditors in preference and other claims made by Bankruptcy Trustees.
- Defending bankruptcy proceedings brought by Creditors.
- Assisting Bankrupts in defending Federal Court actions brought by a Bankruptcy Trustee against family members or themselves.
- Drafting and negotiating informal and formal Debt Arrangements for people seeking to compromise their debts as an alternative to bankruptcy.
- Defending prosecutions by ASIC.
- Recovering preference payments.
- Recovering money by selling the net equity in a bankrupts’ house.
Our Principal, Zeke Bentley has over 18 years’ experience in bankruptcy matters and holds specialist qualifications from ARITA (ARITA is the main regulator for insolvency practitioners and conducts the courses required to become a registered trustee).
Our professional staff complete similar qualifications and we are one of 14 Law Firms in Australia listed on the ARITA website.
The Firm acts regularly for a number of registered trustees throughout Australia where specialist insolvency litigation skills are required.
We have acted in almost every type of litigation relevant to bankruptcy law.
Alternatively, we can offer solutions for creditors that wish to recover unpaid wages, invoices or any other type of extraordinary debt, and we are often engaged by trustees to trace money that has been hidden or transferred just before bankruptcy.
For professional legal advice regarding all areas of bankruptcy law, speak to one of our Brisbane Bankruptcy Lawyers today.
AI Best International Commercial Lawyer 2017
AI M&A Award 2016: Award for Excellence in Insolvency Law
AI M&A Award 2016: Recognized leader in Litigation Solutions